Webinar: Digital self-management support for patients on physiotherapy waiting lists across Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
Speakers from Somerset NHS Foundation Trust MSK Physiotherapy Service share their insights and experiences of implementing a MSK digital transformation tool to support their patients on physiotherapy waiting lists across the Whole Integrated Care System.
In Somerset, getUBetter has been used to support patients on the physiotherapy waiting lists and is being provided to them from their Booking office, at physiotherapy after triage or by clinicians as part of routine care, providing digitally enabled MSK support on waiting lists and during physiotherapy.
The webinar illustrates a new model for the provision of digitally enabled MSK self-management support using getUBetter. The Somerset MSK physiotherapy team presents their personal experience of implementing the tool across their clinical services and discuss the results of their evaluation of the impact across their service, like a 50% reduction in patients needing physiotherapy after being given the getUBetter app on their waiting list.
Key talking points:
- How a MSK digital self-management support tool is helping deliver service improvement and transformation across the whole musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapy service (12 sites across Somerset ICS)
- Using digital health technology to support clinicians in their role to deliver care to MSK patients
- Providing digitally enabled MSK support for patients on waiting lists and during physiotherapy
- Locally configuring risks and pathways to a whole musculoskeletal physiotherapy service using digital health technology
- Setting up and deploying a digital self-management support tool across a MSK physiotherapy service
Jon Thurlow, MSK Physiotherapy & Podiatry Interim Head | Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Victoria Harvey, Physiotherapy Specialist | Somerset NSH Foundation Trust
Jenny McCullough, Clinical lead Physiotherapist | getUBetter
Louise Coates; Clinical Product Manager, getUBetter
Welcome & Introductions – 12:30-12:35PM
getUBetter presentation – 12:35-12:45PM
Somerset ICS experiences and insights – 12:45-1:15PM
Audience Q&A – 1:15-1:30PM
If you’d like to see other getUBetter webinars available, please follow this link.